Help Us Grow Disciples!
The Catholic Community of Billerica relies on volunteers to serve in a variety of roles in our religious education program.
All good religious education programs rely on faithful disciples who are willing to share our Catholic faith with others.
Click here for an online form to give us more information about you and your interest in volunteering with BCRE.
Click here for a PDF form for you to print, complete, and return to the BCRE office.
God has blessed you with many talents!
Please help us to enrich our Religious Education family…
- Teacher or Teacher’s Aide (Grades K-6) – Teachers lead classes of children with the assistance of Teacher’s Aides for activities and organization. Click HERE for a full description of the role of Teacher and HERE for Teacher’s Aide. ***
- Small Group Leader (Grades 7-8 or High School). Small Group Leaders lead approximately 10-student discussion groups for our Navigators (Grade 7-8) and High School programs. Click HERE for a full description of the role of a Navigator Small Group Leader, and HERE for High School Small Group Leader. ***
- Presenter (Grade 7-8 or High School). Presenters run the video presentations and facilitate the sessions for our Navigators (Gr. 7-8) and High School programs. Click HERE for a full description of the Navigator Presenter, and HERE for the High School Presenter roles.***
- Classroom Set up or Clean up. Families volunteer to prepare/tidy up the classroom before/after a session. Click HERE for a full description of classroom Setup or Clean up role.
- Hallway Monitors. Hallway monitors help ensure that all children are safe at all times. (Note: Grade 1-6 parents must remain in classes with their children, however, and cannot be a Hallway Monitor.) Click HERE for a full description of the Hallway Monitor’s volunteer role.
- Session Material Preparation. Volunteers help to prepare session materials for classes. Click HERE for a full description of Session Material Preparation volunteer role.
*** Fee discounts given for Teachers, Presenters, Small Group Leaders, Teacher Aides, and Hallway Monitors
Please Note: All volunteers and staff must complete the Virtus Program “Protecting God’s Children,” complete an annual CORI (background check), and sign the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct forms.