Jesus said to his disciples:
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory,
and all the angels with him,
he will sit upon his glorious throne,
and all the nations will be assembled before him.
November update from Billerica Catholic Religious Education (BCRE)
Earlier this fall, BCRE set a vision for religious education this fall, and in that vision, we promised a further update about the remainder of the year by Thanksgiving.
There is a lot of information in this email, but it is needed because of the complexity of our situation. Please carefully read it all the way through, and ask us any questions you may have.
Given the complexity and ever-changing situation of the global pandemic, we are pleased to announce that all BCRE programs will continue virtually, through the Zoom platform to compliment home-based materials, through the end of May. We have developed a good pattern of faith formation at this time, and feel our best option is to continue this new pattern.
Our goal remains to provide the best faith formation experiences for our community in the safest way possible. With Jesus as our source, we want BCRE to be your source of hope, meaning, and purpose. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is worth nothing less than these principles.
BCRE, Practically speaking:
- After Christmas, we are going to resume Explorers (Gr. 3-4) and Navigators (Gr. 7-8) on Tuesday & Thursday, January 5 & 7, followed by Seekers (Gr. 1-2) and Pathfinders (Gr. 5-6) on Tuesday & Thursday, January 12 & 14. Each of these programs meets every other week, alternating weeks, through the end of May. February school vacation, Holy Week, and April school vacation will have no religious education sessions.
- Teen Ministries (Confirmation) will resume after Christmas in later February, giving Teen Ministries time for additional parent-teen meetings, retreats (virtually), and other opportunities. More information to follow.
- We are still accepting late registrations – if you know someone who might be interested, please send our website and online registration information to those families, and we will on-board them after Christmas.
- Some people have yet to pick up materials – they remain outside St. Theresa Hall, in labeled buckets, in Billerica Center. You may stop by anytime and pick up your materials.
- The physical BCRE Office will remain closed as we continue to serve you remotely. Please contact us by email, and know that messages left on our voicemail will be responded to as quickly as possible.
We have curated some resources for you and your family to celebrate the season of Advent – to prepare for Christmas – including various options for daily emails that remind us to pray and prepare during Advent.
Teen Ministries will be offering The Advent of Christmas, a three-week series featuring modern music, prayer, and bible reflections to help us all prepare for Christmas. For more information, visit our website.
TLC meets on Wednesdays at 7:30pm on Zoom – Dec 2, 9, and 16.
There will continue to be religious education / faith formation in Billerica – the Gospel will be shared and we will continue to journey in faith together. We are actively building the kingdom of God through the Catholic Community of Billerica and Billerica Catholic Religious Education.
We hope that your families remain healthy and safe during this continued time of pandemic.
St. Matthew the Evangelist, pray for us!
Carol Wemmit, Office Manager
Melissa Gozzo, Coordinator of Seekers and Explorers
Deb Fergus, Coordinator of Pathfinders and Navigators
Dustin Batista, Assistant Coordinator of Teen Ministries
Tony Carbrello, Director & Coordinator of Teen Ministries