Help Us Grow Disciples!
The Catholic Community of Billerica relies on volunteers to serve in a variety of roles in our religious education program. All good religious education programs rely on faithful disciples who are willing to share our Catholic faith with others.
Click here for an online form to give us more information about you and your interest in volunteering with BCRE.
Click here for a PDF form for you to print, complete, and return to the BCRE office.
God has blessed you with many talents!
Please help us to enrich our Religious Education family…
- Rotating Helper is a parent, guardian, or other adult family member who assists the religious education program on a rotating basis. This replaces the expectation that one adult attend regularly with a child in the younger grades.
- Catechist/Teacher or Teacher’s Aide (Grades 1-4) – Catechist/Teachers lead sessions of children with the assistance of Teacher’s Aides for activities and organization.***
- Small Group Leader (Pathfinders Grades 5-6, Navigators Grades 7-8 or High School) – Small Group Leaders lead approximately 10-student discussion groups for our young teen and teen programs.***
- Presenter (Navigators Grade 7-8 or High School) – Presenters run the video presentations and facilitate the sessions for our Navigators (Gr. 7-8) and High School programs.***
- Hallway Monitors – Hallway monitors help ensure that all children are safe at all times.***
*** Fee discounts given for Teachers, Presenters, Small Group Leaders, Teacher Aides, and Hallway Monitors
Please Note: All volunteers and staff must complete the Virtus Program “Protecting God’s Children,” complete an annual CORI (background check), and sign the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct forms.