The month May is dedicated to Mary!
Honor our Blessed Mother with your family this month.
Although the New Testament records very little about Mary, Christian tradition has always recognized that Mary’s role in Christian life did not end with the Nativity. Rather, her importance continued throughout Jesus’ life on Earth and beyond. From John’s Gospel, we see how she encouraged Jesus to perform his first miracle of his public ministry at the wedding in Cana.
From the Acts of the Apostles, we know that Mary supported Jesus’ followers through the growth of the early Church after Jesus’ Resurrection and Ascension. Presumably, Jesus’ disciples continued to ask for Mary’s help and prayers even after Mary was assumed into Heaven.
After Mary was assumed into heaven, she was crowned Queen of heaven and earth. Every May we ask Mary to be the queen of our hearts, and we turn to her to learn how we can experience the love of the Lord in the joys and sorrows of our daily life.
To express our love, we may place a crown on a statue of Mary. We can honor her with flowers – symbols of the beauty of her life.
Ways we can honor Mary:
- Plant A Mary Garden (Or Clean Up The One You Have)
- Make crown (be sure to incorporate flowers), put it on, and pray “Hail Mary” with your family.
- Pray a decade of the rosary or pray an entire rosary.
- Lead this prayer with your family:
- Mary, you are the Queen of Peace because you show us the way to God. Help us see and follow the path to God so that we can be happy in Heaven forever. Amen.